Friday, November 27, 2015

The kitchen staple..Tortillas

It is that time of year again and I'm baking up a storm. In the last week I have been making pita, tortillas and chips (because who can eat that many tortillas)  I don't like cooking, I tend to do it in spurts. The logic is more, "Well this bowl was used for that so I'll make this then I don't need to clean it." I am truly that lazy. I put off cleaning the bowl for 3 or more different mixes. Leading to cooking marathons on the weekends and a weeks worth of food in the freezer.

There is something very therapeutic about making tortillas from scratch and then into chips when there is leftovers. It defiantly makes me feel in control of my my food.While I don't fancy myself a "health nut" I do like to be able to pronounce the ingredients in my food. That and I am very picky and want to control the taste of what I am eating.

Tortillas are my favorite thing to make. Mixing and rolling the dough then cooking it and making about 4 meals out of it and chips for snacks I love how a little bit of flour and shorting go so far. This year I'm using my Santa Fe Wrap master and making corn tortillas. I love this gadget!

Burritos, Fajitas, enchiladas, tacos, quesadillas and chips. One simple thing with whatever else I have on hand equals a cycle that has been very helpful in keeping me creating. I always have something on hand to snack on. I don't worry about meal planning as it was already done. Best of all it is healthier and tastier for me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment